Driftwood's Culinary Director, Jason Donoho, provides us with festive mocktail recipes as we plan for the holiday season.
Holiday Mocktail Recipes
Jason Donoho, Culinary Director
Pear Rosemary Tonic
● Ice as needed
● 2 oz Pear Rosemary Syrup (Combine 1 diced pear and 2 sprigs of fresh rosemary with 2 cups water and 2 cups sugar. Bring to a simmer and let infuse off the heat for 30 minutes. Strain and store in the fridge for up to 30 days.)
● 1 oz Fresh Squeezed Lemon Juice
● Fever Tree Tonic Water or your favorite brand to Top
Combine all ingredients in the order listed in a glass filled with ice. Garnish with a lemon wedge and a sprig of fresh rosemary.
Ginger Orange Punch
● Ice as Needed
● 2oz Fresh Squeezed Orange Juice
● 1oz Ginger Simple Syrup (Combine 1 cup peeled fresh ginger slices with 2 cups water & 2 cups sugar. Bring to a simmer and let infuse off the heat for 30 minutes. Strain and store in the fridge for up to 30 days.)
● Ginger Beer or Ginger Ale to Top
Combine all ingredients in the order listed in a tall glass filled with ice. Garnish with an orange twist.
Spiced Coconut Golden Milk
● 1 Can Full Fat Coconut Milk
● 1 tsp Turmeric
● 1 tsp Cinnamon, Ground
● 4 Tbsp Honey
● 1 pinch Sea Salt
● 1 pinch Freshly Ground Black Pepper
Combine all ingredients with a whisk in a small saucepan and bring to a simmer, careful not to boil. Serve warm in a mug with a sprinkle of ground cinnamon to top.
Pineapple Coconut Mojito
● Lime juice as needed for the rim of the glass
● Coconut Flakes as needed for the rim of the glass
● 4 sprigs of fresh mint leaves
● 2 oz fresh lime juice
● 4 oz fresh pineapple juice
● 4 oz Coconut Water
● Ice as needed
Dip the rim of a glass in lime juice and then the toasted coconut, fill with ice. Place 4-6 fresh mint leaves at the bottom of the glass with the lime juice and muddle to lightly crush the mint. Add the coconut water and pineapple juice. Garnish with a lime wedge and a sprig of the mint.